The fourth borough is Schwabing-West. The town Schwabing became part of Munich around 1900. The districts Schwere-Reiter-Straße, Am Luipoldpark and Neuschwabing all belong to Schwabing-West which is situated in the north of Munich on the western side of the river Isar and north of Maxvorstadt.
The former bohemian side of town was mostly able to retain its charm but today only few artists still live in this area. Along Hohenzollernstraße one finds quite a few exclusive and unusual shops. At Elisabethplatz is a pretty farmer’s market which also is called little “Vikualienmarkt”.
Schwabing-West at a glance!
Schwabing-West - Map
Listen to Informations of Schwabing-West as audio
Address and Links
* Photo: By Oliver Raupach (Own work) [CC-BY-SA-2.5], via Wikimedia Commons
* Background image: