Türkentor (Turk´s Gate)

Türkentor (Turk´s Gate)

Türkentor (Turk’s gate) is the only remaining building from the former Turkish barracks that were built in 1826 and accommodated Turkish prisoners of war. Apparently it was them who dug the Türkengraben (Turk’s ditch) along Kurfürstenstraße.

Since 2010 sculptures from Museum Brandhorst are presented in the small building of Türkentor.

Türkentor at a glance!

Photos

Türkentor

Türkentor *

Toolbar-Menu

Türkentor - Map

Picture: Map of location: Türkentor

Listen to Informations of Türkentor as audio

QR-Code Mobile-Version

Address and Links

* Photo: By X (Own work) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons

Holidays from the 1st click!